Creative and Strategic Learning Consultant. Experienced instructional designer and facilitator for in-person and virtual classroom environments. Professional Career Coach with expertise in non-profit, higher education, high-tech, biotechnology and business sectors. Industry experience in talent consulting, career transition, non-profit, education and human resources. Life-long learner committed to choosing the optimal tools and approach to build the best learning experience possible.
ClearRock, Inc., Boston, MA January 2015 – present
Senior Career Consultant
Talent Consulting firm supporting companies through all stages of the employee lifecycle
- Currently developing a 4-session Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging series to deliver to staff of 25 coaches, consultant, sales and operations staff.
- Manage projects to support learning and development of career transition candidates including translation of in-person learning programs to virtual and blended learning programs to increase engagement in an increasingly virtual world.
- Cultivate trusting and collaborative relationships with peers, sales and operations team, program participants and clients/vendors to deliver the right programs and content while staying on budget. Partnered with 10 + consultants to understand training needs and develop and deliver workshops for clients.
- Design and deliver high-quality and interactive webinar offerings for clients on topics such as LinkedIn and Networking for Introverts using Camtasia and Zoom platforms.
- Led team through selection process for purchasing and implementing various software, including video hosting, online training, and evaluation. Managed the smooth and successful transition to new software, built SOPs and acted as go to support for team.
Key Accomplishment: Successfully and quickly led a team to transform a two-day in-person workshop into a blended learning format complete with two, two-hour virtual and interactive sessions in addition to pre, intra and post session work as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mobilize Coaching, Boston, MA July 2010-present
Founder, Career Coach and Instructional Designer
Coaching/consulting practice that provides individual coaching services and workshop design and facilitation.
- Develop and deliver content via workshops and trainings in corporate, public sector and non-profit settings on topics such as LinkedIn for Career Changers: Crafting Your Story Online, and Grow Within Your Organization: Intentional Career Development, both of which are live on SkillShare.
- Provide individual coaching to support career development and transition, increase satisfaction in professional endeavors and grow successful and enjoyable businesses.
Yin and Yang Partners, Boston, MA June 2018 – present
Co-Founder, Instructional Designer and Facilitator
Consulting practice that delivers custom in-person workshops, webinars and videos for career development
- Develop and facilitate live custom workshops such as Authentic Networking; Building Your Brand without Selling Yourself Out and Savvy Ways to Find Your Next Job to professional organizations.
Family Access (formerly Newton Community Service Center), Newton, MA Dec 2008 – Dec 2014
Full service community center serving children, youth and families in the greater Newton community
- Designed program model and created strategy and systems for a new youth mentoring program made possible through a federal grant. Served and supervised over 100 youth and 50 mentors.
- Created and delivered a 6-hour in-person training for new volunteer mentors – up to 6 times per year.
- Provided direct leadership, implementation and oversight for all program elements including recruitment, intake and training, programming and evaluation to measure program impact.
- Contributed to grant writing team which led to 5 awarded grants over 5 years (3 state level, 2 federal level); responsible for reporting for federal, state and private funding sources.
Citizen Schools, Boston, MA Sept 2004 – Dec 2008
Deputy Director, Campus Talent Recruitment
National, experiential youth development program serving students in urban communities in the U.S.
- Cultivated and managed national partnerships with universities and non-profit organizations to hire aspiring educators and community volunteers across seven states. Hired over 200 direct service staff over 5 years.
E-Learning Instructional Design Certificate, Association for Talent Development
Designing Virtual Training Certificate, Association for Talent Development
Professional Certified Coach, Associate Certified Coach, International Coach Federation
Certified Professional Coach, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
Master of Arts in Intercultural Relations, Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Clark University, Worcester, MA